Monday, March 17, 2008

Mar 14 - Sea Day

March 14, 2008

Today was our last cruise day. I woke up at 8AM and decided I was going to sleep in late. Karen was already out and about so when she came back at 9AM I told her I was a little queasy and would be staying in bed. I finally got out of bed at 10:30AM and went topside for some coffee and a croissant. I then joined Karen at a Cruise Critic party that was going on. There were a couple of appreciative speeches about the efforts that went into the “mission of mercy” to Christmas Island. Then there were a few slide shows of the pictures that were taken. The rest of the day for me was rest and relaxation by the side of the pool where I read, listened to music, and (of course) napped here and there. Karen had her last massage session in the early afternoon and then went to “High Tea” with Christine. I went to the shops and bought a really cool (100% silk) Hawaiian shirt I’ve had my eye on. We decided not to get the watches, since we checked online and very easily can get them for the same price – I’m sure with some searching we can get them for significantly less. After dinner we went to the nightclub and watched the ship’s version of “Dancing with the Stars.” It was really entertaining seeing everyday folks actually getting out there and doing a great job after a half dozen practice sessions or so. Our major accomplishment today probably was packing the majority of our stuff so we don’t have to rush it tomorrow night after our day in Hilo, Hawaii, our next port of call…

No comments: